Is the coronavirus freaking you out? Want to know how to strengthen your immune system and your digestion so you can stay healthy – or if you do catch something, have just a mild case and quickly return to health? During this interactive, live class on the Zoom platform we’ll work with ancient, proven techniques from the eastern medical science of Ayurveda, western herbalism, and mindfulness for boosting your immune system and calming your nervous system. You’ll find out about which foods to eat and what to avoid. We’ll mellow-out stressful thoughts and emotions using a 90-second meditation technique that can help you move from a fear-based/stress response back in to your natural state of well-being and peace of mind.
What you’ll learn
- How to cultivate peace of mind while taking practical steps to protect your health.
- Foods, herbs, and simple meditation practices that boost your immune system and calm your nervous system.
- Understand digestion and how to use food as medicine… even if you’re not sick.
- Breathing techniques and stress-release practices.
- Ability to make better-informed decisions on everyday health protocols.
- Practices for creating harmony and balance in your everyday life.
- Tips for balancing the body using ancient wisdom.
- A basic understanding of the holistic healing system of Ayurveda, the Mother Science of Yoga.
This course was made with love and devotion to the art of healing that is Ayurveda and with the desire to help others. Developed in ancient India thousands of years ago, Ayurveda is a powerful system of personalized health care, offering a whole-person approach to wellness that incorporates mind, body, and spirit. During our time together we’ll share our thoughts about energy, life and Nature to foster self-discovery, acceptance, intuition and love.
Who this course is for
- This course is aimed at those who are genuinely interested in learning about their own body and mind from an Ayurvedic perspective and what they can do to achieve radiant health, improve immunity, and prevent disease.
- Those who realize that each person is an individual and it is through education and self-awareness that he/she will learn what their own particular needs are to achieve physical health and mental well-being.
About Your Teacher
Cheryl Schirillo is a Certified Wellness Mentor in the Feminine-Form Lineage of Ayurveda through the Shakti School. This Lineage was originally an ancient oral tradition passed on through the Grandmothers of India. Cheryl’s Master Teacher, Katie Silcox infuses Tantric Yoga, Herbalism, Body Work, and East Indian Shamanism into the Shakti School’s teachings. Cheryl is also trained in Mindfulness and Shamanic Sound Healing and she takes groups on retreat every Spring to swim with wild dolphins.
Monday, March 16, 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Interactive, Live Video Class on Zoom
Self-Care Investment: $29